Friday, September 02, 2011

2011 - More of the same?

Now that I also manage a library blog, most of my work is linked to this: http://bacirc.edublogs.org

My personal learning so far this year has been to investigate and integrate new technologies into my work as Teacher Librarian and then advocate their use to other teachers on my staff.
Lately I have been experimenting with Glogster and Prezzi which both have their place in presentation and sharing work. I am currently investigating Scoop.it! and think I will use this to collect links for students and teachers on various themes as the need arises. As more of my fellow Teacher Librarians make Scoop.it themes I can also share these with others and link them on the library blog or on the Intranet website of links for teachers and staff.

I have also purchased an iPad and am investigating ebooks and the many educational Apps that are available, so that I am in a position to advocate for new tools and methodologies in my school.

Supporting teachers through Guided Inquiry continues to take up my teaching time at school with many more teachers asking to be supported as they learn this pedagogy.
This year I have supported Year 5 (two classes), Year 7 (three classes), Year 10 Commerce and, next term, Year 4 (two classes). I have also shared my work from 2010 at four Teacher Librarian conferences assisting others to begin using this constructivist Inquiry approach to learning.

I have gathered more evidence from my work in classes this year and this will be published on the BACIRC blog later in the year when all the reports are completed.




No comments: